Alexa won't recognize the "start Earplay" command
There are a couple of reasons Earplay might not start properly when you ask your Alexa device to "start Earplay."
- Ensure that your device is connected to WiFi.
- Make sure you are enunciating the "Ear" in "Earplay" - voice recognition often misinterprets it as "airplay."
- Try different invocation words, such as "begin Earplay," "launch Earplay," or "talk to Earplay."
- Check your language settings for your Amazon Alexa account. Earplay only works with Alexa devices in certain regions, listed below. Changing your language settings to one of the following should allow Earplay to work as intended.
- US & Outlying Territories
- United Kingdom